Keeping a dog groomed is an essential part of owning a pet. Just as humans need good hygiene, so does your furry friend. Not only will they look and smell good, but they will also feel better as their skin and fur is trimmed, brushed and cleared of any mats that have developed since their last visit. Having regular dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ offers many advantages in keeping your dog healthy and should be an important part of your pet care routine. Your dog will be able to benefit from:
- Fewer mats and tangles: With dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, your dog will be freed of all mats and tangles that it has in its fur. It is easy for your dog to get these mats when it plays outdoors or rolls around. These mats can pull at your dog’s skin and make it uncomfortable for them. Having your dog regularly groomed can take care of this and make sure your dog has a clean and tangle-free coat.
- Removal of dead skin cells: When a dog groomer brushes your dog, they are also removing any dead skin cells that are harboring in your dog’s fur. This will keep your dog’s coat looking healthy and give them a radiant glow that you will love. With dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, your furry friend will have a clean coat that is allowed to grow naturally without restriction.
- Promoted circulation: The brushing of your dog’s coat by a groomer also provides for improved circulation of your pet’s skin. This will help them to regulate temperature better and maintain their health over the course of their life. Brushing provides a massage for your dog and can be quite enjoyable for them to undergo.
- Identification of parasites and anomalies in the skin: As a dog groomer is cleaning and brushing your dog, they are also inspecting your dog’s coat and skin for anything unusual. They will be able to identify whether your pet has fleas or ticks and can help you develop a plan to have them eliminated. Dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ also involves looking for anomalies in the skin of your dog, such as rashes and sores that can affect your dog’s health. This can help you identify whether your dog has an illness early on and be able to seek treatment for their issues.
- Trimmed nails: A dog groomer also takes care in trimming your dog’s nails during the grooming process. This will make sure your dog’s nails are properly cared for and don’t get so long that it makes it uncomfortable for them to walk or allows them to easily get snagged on furniture or carpet. Proper care of your dog’s nails is important, and a groomer is trained in knowing the correct nail length for your dog’s breed.
By investing in regular dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, you can make sure your dog looks its best and is healthy throughout its life. It is your responsibility as a pet owner to take good care of your dog. Visit Newkirk Family Veterinarians for pet grooming for your dog or cat. We have more than 35 years’ experience dealing with an array of pet types, and will ensure yours is properly cared for.