You’re probably gearing up for summer by buying some new clothes, new sandals and maybe even a new swimsuit. But have you bought new things for your pets and started preparing them for summer? If not, it’s time to start prepping today! Continue reading to learn all about getting your pet ready for the upcoming season:
- Grooming: First and foremost, be sure to bring your furry friend in for dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ this summer. Trimming up their coat will ensure that they’re cool and comfortable all summer long. Additionally, grooming them now will prevent long dog hair from getting all over your house—nobody wants dog hair everywhere!
- Mind the heat: Even though your pet has shorter hair in the summer, he or she can still overheat fairly quickly. If you’re outside, be sure to always have water available, and it’s not a bad idea to keep pets in the shade whenever possible.
- Buy some toys: Your pets need toys all year long to keep themselves occupied and entertained. Unfortunately, pets (especially dogs) tend to tear up their toys fairly quickly. Assuming you’re going to be spending a lot of time outside and at the park, it’s not a bad idea to invest in some brand new toys this summer!
- Buy a carrier: Are you planning a summer vacation or going on any camping trips this year? If so, you’ll probably want to bring your pet along with you. Taking your pet with you is much more cost effective than boarding them or getting a pet sitter, and you’re sure to have a better time on your trip if your pet is with you. Be sure you have a pet carrier before you hit the road this summer. Traveling with a pet can be a bit of a headache if you don’t have a quality pet carrier.
- Vaccinate: Nasty viruses and bacteria abound in the summer. Parasites lurk everywhere—they’re in your home, on the ground and at the park. You can disinfect your home as much as you want, but you still won’t be able to get away from these bugs. The only way to protect your pet is to vaccinate them early in life. If your pet hasn’t had his shots yet, be sure to set up an appointment today!
- Flea and tick control: Though they’re not as bad as viruses, fleas and ticks can still cause serious illnesses. The good news is that they’re easy to get rid of—just buy some preventative flea medicine or a flea collar. We’ll give you the best medicine when you bring your pet in for dog grooming in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
- Microchip: Dogs and cats are more likely to run away and get lost when the weather is nice out. Make it easier to track your pet down by getting them microchipped today.
Don’t wait one more day to get your pet ready for beautiful summer weather. Bring your pet in today for dog grooming and much more at Newkirk Family Veterinarians!