You have homeowner’s insurance for your house, car insurance for your vehicle and health insurance for all of your medical needs. All of that insurance is necessary to ensure you are covered in case of any sort of emergency. But what happens to your pets when they need medicine or are injured? Are you supposed to pay out of pocket for all of their medical expenses? Unless you have pet insurance, the answer is “yes.” Keep reading to learn all of the advantages of pet insurance from your holistic veterinarian in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
The benefits of pet insurance
Pet owners across the country wouldn’t be signing up for insurance policies if it wasn’t 100 percent worth it. Here are just a few of the many reasons why folks pay for pet insurance:
- Save money: On average, pet owners spend about $1,800 per year on veterinary expenses for their four-legged friends. The good news is that pet insurance is readily available to help offset those costs. Though you’ll have to pay a monthly premium for pet insurance, your trip to the veterinarian in Egg Harbor Township, NJ will be covered by your insurance company.
- Peace of mind: Pet insurance provides ultimate peace of mind for pet owners. Those who have insurance don’t need to worry about how they’ll afford procedures or whether or not they can pay for their pet’s medicine. Spend more time enjoying your pet’s company and less time worrying about paying for their veterinary care.
- No network providers: Searching for a doctor or dentist that accepts your health insurance is a real pain. Luckily, that’s not an issue with pet insurance! Most holistic veterinarians in Egg Harbor Township, NJ will accept all types of pet insurance, regardless of the provider.
What to look for in a plan
Just like with your own health insurance, there are tons of different pet insurance plans you can choose from, but deciding which one is best for you and your pet can be tricky. These are a couple of the things you should check into before signing up for a policy:
- Premiums: How much can you afford to pay each month for your pet’s insurance premium? This is the first thing to consider when choosing a policy. There are all sorts of different policies out there that have varying premium costs. Be sure to shop around and choose a policy that’s both affordable and covers your pet’s needs.
- Deductible: The second thing to check is your pet’s insurance deductible. Though you might pay a lower premium, it might not be worth it to sign up for a policy that has a high deductible that you won’t meet unless there’s an emergency.
- Exclusions: Unfortunately, many policies have exclusions that prevent pets from being covered. Exclusions may include factors like your pet’s age, breed and pre-existing conditions. Read the fine print before signing up for a policy.
Whether your pet needs vaccines, a checkup or emergency medical service, bring him or her to Newkirk Family Veterinarians. We’re trusted veterinarians in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, offering an array of services for all sorts of different animals. Reach out today to learn more or schedule an appointment!