If your pet needs veterinary care, you may be tempted to go to any nearby clinic that has availability. However, this approach misses out on the many benefits of remaining loyal to a single cat vet in Egg Harbor Township, NJ for many years.
How is this loyalty advantageous? It offers the following benefits to you and your pet:
- Progress: If your cat suffers an injury or struggles with a medical condition, it’s important to be able to monitor his progress. Has that spot enlarged? Did that incision heal as it should? Are there fewer parasites than there used to be in his system? By taking your pet to the same vet consistently, this progress is easier to monitor and measure accurately. This, in turn, will make it easier to provide better care for your pet.
- Long-term care: Often, receiving instructions for treating acute care isn’t enough. You need solid recommendations for how to care for your cat over the long term. Acute issues such as diarrhea, sneezing, vomiting or limping may be treated quickly, but your cat’s health should be monitored over the long term to discover any patterns in these acute issues. Loyalty to one cat vet in Egg Harbor Township, NJ will provide this overall care.
- Communication: Does your cat need those drops once a day or twice a day? Which foods are you supposed to avoid? When you visit more than one vet, communication can get muddled. You may become overwhelmed with instructions from various vets in various forms. If one vet is not aware of a certain treatment from another doctor, this can also result in poor recommendations that conflict with one another.
- Continuity: Visiting the same cat vet in Egg Harbor Township, NJ provides consistent, reliable care. Going to the doctor can be stressful for both you and your pet. At least, if it is the same location and vet each time, the surroundings, processes and people can become familiar. This can make each visit become less stressful. Your cat may even bond with the vet, which will make her care even easier.
- Records: When was the last time your cat was vaccinated for rabies? What treatment did you use the last time your four-legged friend suffered from an eye infection? If you always visit the same vet, these records will all be in one place. This will make future treatment more consistent and simpler. If you ever have a question about your cat’s care, you don’t have to keep track of where you took him. You can simply call your cat vet in Egg Harbor Township, NJ and get all the info from your cat’s single chart.
Reap the Benefits
To take advantage of the many benefits of loyalty to one cat vet in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, make Newkirk Family Veterinarians your vet of choice. For over 35 years, Newkirk Family Veterinarians has proudly provided quality veterinary care to the Egg Harbor Township community. Our biggest focus is to help pets live healthier and longer lives. Contact us today to schedule your pet’s next appointment.